5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Eating a healthy breakfast is a great way to kickstart your metabolism so you can burn calories and stay focused throughout the day! I know it can be challenging to make time for healthy meal prep during the “morning rush,” which is why I’m sharing five of my favorite go-to healthy breakfast ideas with you here. These quick and easy meals are packed with protein and other nutrients so you can fuel up with the energy you need to stay on track – and, most importantly, they are so delicious and satisfying!
Is Breakfast Really the Most Important Meal of the Day?
There are many reasons for this saying! Not only does eating a healthy and balanced breakfast helps to replenish your energy after fasting during sleep, but it also helps you stay alert and focused. And various studies have found that those who regularly eat breakfast tend to make better food choices throughout the day.
What Are the Components of a Healthy Breakfast?
Whether you crave something sweet or something savory in the morning, it’s important to choose ingredients that will fill you up and boost your energy without too many artificial ingredients or added sugars. Here are some of my favorite ingredients that I use to mix and match when creating healthy breakfast recipes:
- Lean protein such as eggs, nuts, lean meats
- Yogurt for protein and calcium
- Whole grains such as whole-grain cereals, breads, or English muffins, for fiber and carbs
- Fruits and veggies, fresh or frozen, for fiber
5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Are you ready to commit to making a healthy breakfast part of your daily routine? Here are some of my favorite healthy breakfast ideas that will keep you on track even when you are short on time:
- Make-Ahead Egg Muffins. Do you crave something savory in the morning but don’t want to spend the time cooking? Grab a carton of eggs, your favorite veggies, and some cheese and get ready to bake up something quick, easy, and delicious! I love whipping up a batch on Sunday night so I have a ready-made, high-protein, low-carb breakfast option all week long. These are super simple to make and you can change up the ingredients for flavor variety. Get recipes and ideas here.
- Power Smoothie. Fast, refreshing, and nutritious, you can prepare this the night before if you prefer to simply blend it up in the morning! I use a combination of ice, non-dairy milk (I prefer almond milk), yogurt and a banana for my base. Then, depending on what I’m craving, I’ll add in berries (fresh or frozen) or sub in kale or other greens. Whichever combo you choose, this smoothie is loaded with protein, fiber, and nutrients!
- EVER BETTER™ Protein Cookie Bites. Looking to satisfy your morning sweet tooth without any of the guilt? My cookie bites are a convenient breakfast option with no prep or cooking required – just grab and go! Available in several yummy flavors, each serving is filled with healthy ingredients, protein for energy, and probiotics for gut health. Plus, they are low in sugar, low in carbs, and keto friendly!
- Yogurt Bowl. I love yogurt bowls because I get protein and probiotics topped with different flavor combinations from fruits, nuts, and other healthy options. And these are so easy to make! Just place a single serving of your favorite yogurt in a bowl and top with fresh fruit, a handful of nuts or granola, or your favorite whole-grain cereal. I even toss some of my EVER BETTER™ Protein Bites on top, for a different texture and added protein!
- Avocado Toast. Not only are avocados super filling and yummy, but they are also loaded with nutrients and healthy fats! For a fast and savory breakfast, toast a piece of whole grain bread and top it with ½ of a mashed avocado mixed with flavor enhancers like salt + pepper, lemon, or lime. You can add an egg (cooked to your liking) for some extra protein, and if you like a little spice you can top it off with some red pepper flakes.
With these quick and easy healthy breakfast ideas, you’ll never have to trade a nutritious morning meal for time and convenience! Plus, you’ll get the energy-boosting ingredients you need to stay focused and energized throughout the day. And don’t forget to make my EVER BETTER™ Protein Cookie Bites part of your healthy breakfast meal plan!
Let’s live EVER BETTER™ - together!