Craving Fajitas? Enjoy Them the Healthy Way!
Here at EVER BETTER™, we are all about simple and effective ways of eating better, moving better, and living better – every day! That’s why we love sharing new recipes designed to help you satisfy your cravings while staying on track with your wellness goals. In honor of National Fajita Day, we are sharing one of our all-time favorite fajita recipes that hits on all of the right notes:
- Amazing Fajita Flavor
- Packed with Protein
- Low Sugar
- Gluten Free
Sound too good to be true? It’s not, we promise! We combine traditional fajita flavors like cumin, chili powder, and garlic with healthier ingredients to deliver a meal that tastes like it was delivered from your favorite restaurant:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are high in protein and lower in fat than other meats. You can also use grass-fed beef, shrimp, or other fish.
- Canola oil is low in saturated fat with a high proportion of monosaturated fat.
- Corn tortillas are rich in fiber, whole grains, and other nutrients and lower in calories and fat than flour tortillas.
Best of all, this recipe is easy and fast to make at home for a delicious meal that everyone is sure to love!
EVER BETTER™ Healthy Fajitas Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (or grass-fed beef, or fish, or shrimp)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil (or grapeseed oil), divided
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl or 1-gallon resealable bag, combine the lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to several hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the skillet. Add the peppers and onions and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and heat for 1 minute.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or in the microwave. Place 2 tortillas on each plate and divide the fajita filling mixture evenly between the tortillas.
Need some side dish inspiration? Here are some super simple and healthy ideas:
- Chopped salad with cilantro lime dressing
- Tomato, avocado, cucumber, and onion salad tossed with lime juice and cilantro
- Homemade guacamole
We hope you enjoy making this healthy and delicious fajita recipe at home and sharing it with your loved ones. And when it’s time for dessert, don’t forget to reach for our EVER BETTER™ Protein Cookie bites! Not only are these soft-baked cookies packed with protein and probiotics, but they are also low in sugar, keto friendly, and gluten free!
Let’s live EVER BETTER™ - together!